.:: Double booking crap
2nd trial run for the water games today.
The weather wasn't looking too good when I was making my way to the CCAB pool and when I got there with Dorothy [bumped into her at the entrance], there was only Calvin sleeping on the steps.
He was complaining about the impending rain; how everyone was late and how early he woke up this morning just to arrive and find himself first at the pool [and he was already late by the way].
There were other people there too, some heavily madeup females in similar attires and 2 guys mebbe.
And then the 3 of us realised that hey, those people are from Channel 8.
Isn't that Jeanette Aw sitting there?
And eventhough I did not recognise the rest of the girls, I did find this girl familiar but I do not remember her name; some new comer.
And after awhile, Fiona Xie showed up.
And I'm not sure if I made a mistake but I thought Rachael Lee [Eye for a guy] showed up too?
And the rest of the SWEAT camp people showed up; actually just Elaine, BQ and Cindy and we started bitchin about the Mediacorp girls.
They were saying Fiona Xie "zhen ren bi dian shi shang bu hao kan"
and we realised while Fiona Xie and the rest of the girls were chatting happily, doodling on paper and looking through their scripts, Jeanette Aw was quietly sitting in a corner with a guy [her nanny perhaps?] and staring at the rain and pool [it rained shortly after].
Dorothy was saying she had been observing Jeanette Aw and thinks that she looked like a dummy.
Not stupid dummy but mannequin dummy.
Cos she sat there quietly for a really long time and not moving a muscle.
But of course, we all know she's real and alive cos she blinked once in awhile.
And I think most of them agreed that she looks prettier in person.
Anyway if you guys really pay attention to entertainment news, you would have guessed by now that they were there to film the swimming drama. Whatever the name is.
Anyway, all these aren't the point.
The thing is, well, how can Mediacorp and us use the pool at the same time?
We were there at the same timing.
So Dorothy checked with the lifeguard and realised there was this double booking crap.
SMU and Mediacorp booked the pool for the same timings.
Seems like SMU and Mediacorp booked the pool through 2 different parties and neither side bothered to check the availability.
Oh wow.
So in the end, it was decided that the pool should come to us haha [not that we negotiated with CH8].
It was raining heavily and both parties couldn't do anything but at least we could use the pool when the rain subsided a little. Filming couldn't go on in the rain and apparently their whole schedule must have been disrupted by the rain cos they left when it stopped.
Calvin was pretty disappointed.
I guess he wanted to see the girls in swimming costumes.